KICK OFF PH Q&A: Jovin Bedic


The Barotac Nuevo native  has been with Kaya FC since 2013


The Kaya FC skipper took time to answer our KICK OFF PH questions. The interview covered a lot of topics including his pre-match routine, most memorable goal to the life lessons he learned from football.


KICK OFF PH: How and at what age did you start playing football?

Jovin: Football is our number one sport in Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo. My father was a coach at our school. So at the age of 8 he taught me how to play football.


KICK OFF PHWhat was it like growing up and playing football in the football capital of the Philippines?

Jovin: Since Barotac Nuevo is the Football Capital of the Philippines, I was very lucky growing up seeing great and amazing talented players playing there. They played with passion and heart every game. In our December league every game was full pack stadium. So the games were intense and physical.


KICK OFF PH: After playing varsity football, how did you end up playing in Manila? 

Jovin: Coach Norman Fegidero a former national team player was our coach in college and also the coach of Pachanga FC here in Manila so he brought us here to compete in the UFL Second Division. 


KICK OFF PH: Who was your favorite player growing up? 

Jovin: In local, Chieffy Caligdong was my favorite and for foreign it’s Zinedine Zidane.


KICK OFF PH: Do you have any superstitions in terms of your pre-match routine?

Jovin: Every game I bring my rosary and before I enter the field, I put some OMEGA (liniment) all over my legs for me to feel more lively. 


KICK OFF PH: Who's the best player you've played with?

Jovin: Growing up was special to me because I played with the  3 best players in my province Ian Araneta, Chieffy Caligdong and Yante Barsales we were on the same Barangay in Barotac Nuevo. 


KICK OFF PH: What was your most memorable goal so far in your career? 

Jovin: For me i think was my goal in the Copa Paulino Alcantara  since it was the first Copa and I scored the winning goal. Also, the one I scored against Thailand in the Suzuki Cup.

Jovin Bedic in action against Thailand in the 2018 Suzuki Cup


KICK OFF PH: How do you stay motivated after losing a game?

Jovin: I just watch the game back and observe what to improve in my game so that I can practice on training and apply it on the game.


KICK OFF PH: Does pressure bring out the best in you?

Jovin: I think so. Especially in big games and with more crowd I feel more motivated and excited to play against the best players in the league.  


KICK OFF PH: What has football taught you that carries over into the other areas of your life?

Jovin: GOAL SETTING and HARDWORKI almost quit football and went back to my province but after seeing what's life back there, I realized that I have to set a goal to change my life. Now I’m enjoying my passion and very happy to see my family live more comfortable than before.

Comments

  1. Had a nice read! Thanks! All the best to Kaya FC and our Cap

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Azkals players who retired earlier than expected

Ace Bright: Meet the man behind Philippines' most successful football club

Clifford Daypuyat: 'Gain knowledge from your mistakes'