When one door shuts, another door opens for Peter Varley

                                    

    

    A few months ago, Peter Varley was set to join Global FC in the 4th season of the Philippines Football League. However, a series of unfortunate events happened to the club which led to its 90-day suspension from the PFF after it failed to settle its overdue payables.

 "What happened with Global was almost unreal to me honestly. Something like that has never happened to me in my career," said Varley,  who started his football career in Thailand for Look E San FC.

    Despite the setback, Varley stayed optimistic and kept his options open. He spent the quarantine period in Manila keeping himself in tiptop shape and incorporating his workouts with football drills. "Since March I had been keeping myself to a good level of fitness. I've been lucky enough to have the space to be able to run and do ball work consistently."

    Varley's hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed as he received an offer to play for the league's newcomer Maharlika FC.  

     "I was looking for every opportunity to try and play here in the Philippines. A friend told me about Maharlika and I saw a few of what would have been my Global teammates joining them too. I contacted them and here we are," said Varley.

    Varley admits that signing for Maharlika FC was a breath of fresh air. "They were very transparent from the get go and the fact that everyone of us on this team is here for the love of the game breeds a great atmosphere and mentality among the team."

The 23-year-old winger is now focused on moving forward following his forgettable experience and believes that his move to Maharlika FC will help him become a better player.

 "I'm completely ready to move forward, all my focus is on working as hard as I can  and soak everything up to learn as much as I can from my teammates.



 








Comments

  1. Brilliant story - really enjoying the Maharlika journey so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Azkals players who retired earlier than expected

Ace Bright: Meet the man behind Philippines' most successful football club

Clifford Daypuyat: 'Gain knowledge from your mistakes'