Joshua Grommen geared up for his long-awaited return to Thai League 1 after shoulder injury

Joshua Grommen geared up for his long-awaited return to Thai League 1 after shoulder injury

Sukhothai FC's Joshua Grommen is poised to make a return to the top flight of Thai football on Saturday after recovering from a dislocated shoulder injury sustained last year which kept him out of action for more than five months. 

"Whenever I play, I would dislocate my shoulders from time to time. I would say my shoulder has popped 6-7 times until the time I decided to get surgery," said Grommen. "It was a big decision for me to do surgery not knowing how this would affect my football career but with the whole COVID-19 situation that was going on at that time, the decision was just a little easier with the uncertainty of football around the world," he added. 

All healed up, Grommen is determined to make up for the lost time and prove himself yet again in the Thai League 1. "At the moment I'm feeling strong and ready to play as my shoulder has healed very well with a lot of help from the physio at Sukhothai FC," said Grommen. Unfortunately though, Grommen has to wait a little longer after the  Football Association of Thailand  postponed all Thai League 1 matches scheduled last January due to the COVID-19 pandemic.


Joshua Grommen in action during Sukhothai's training session at Thalay Luang Stadium. 


The 24-year-old defender wasted no time and has stayed busy during the league suspension and kept himself in tiptop shape in preparation for his Thai League 1 comeback. "This was actually good timing for myself as gave me that extra month to get my shoulder ready and prepare my fitness," said Grommen.

With the resumption of the league just a few days away, Joshua Grommen is among the players eagerly awaiting for the return of competitive football. "I'm very excited! Always a  good feeling being welcomed back to a club you played with before. The Thai League is a great league to be part of and I’m eager to get the season started." said Grommen, who rejoined Sukhothai last January after having brief stints last year with Ceres-Negros FC and Brisbane City FC. 

Grommen and the fire bats will face fellow Filipino international Martin Steuble and the Port FC on Saturday, February 6 at PAT Stadium.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Azkals players who retired earlier than expected

Ace Bright: Meet the man behind Philippines' most successful football club

Clifford Daypuyat: 'Gain knowledge from your mistakes'